20.2.08

Tirade

(I think you'll be happy now

That I'm giving up to go

There's a legitimacy to your claims

Towards the fruition of your needs.)

Witness the farce as along we sway

To the beat of the conductors symphony

That was corrupted by the sweat of millions

Such a basic human necessity

Witness the roles so defined we play

Acting to the invisible directions

Etched in by a hundred generations

The rigid mores of society

A thousand years of civilization

Dragging me down, down, down ............

(A hundred years of slavery

Left me with a perpetual frown)

Seize and shackle the hands of the free

Until they conform to all we believe

Destroy all in the name of a god

We aren't very sure exists

Hatred in the hands of the righteous

The most powerful weapon ever known

Flung like thunderbolts clothed in orange

To sear and ravage your home

A thousand years of civilization

Dragging me down, down, down ...........

(A million strands of DNA

Keeping me chained to the ground)

Come over and look at me

I am what you should aspire to be

Recognise the qualities of a patriot

A narrow minded, mindless bigot

I'll smash all that I don't like

Crush every beauty I see

Take all that I want and is not mine

It's the sovereign right of the free

Follow me as I lead

Our land into the sixteenth century

We can't compete so we may as well recede

From the annals of modernity

(All hail the gods that kill

We're overpopulated anyway)

No comments: